Child Nutrition Office
1441 Colorado Avenue
Turlock, California 95380
Ph (209) 667-9048
Fax (209) 667-0911
Child Nutrition Manager
Ph (209) 656-8934
Fax (209) 656-8265
Office Hours: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Summer Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
to our Child Nutrition website. My name is Scott Soiseth and I am the Child Nutrition Director.
Studies show that healthy eating and daily physical activity have a profound impact on the body and mind by improving the ability to learn and comprehend, boosting energy, improving school attendance and changing attitudes, behavior and more.
Thus, the Turlock Unified School District (TUSD) is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children's health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
Beginning this year we will be providing nutritional information for our menus, along with expanding our website to include materials and resources to support healthy food choices through increased access and consumption of fruits and vegetables. Read through our Wellness Policy for our commitment to our students and their families and visit our site often for updates!
Check out what is being harvested this month??
- Summer (Grapes, Melons, Peaches, Peppers, Plums, Green Beans, Potatoes, Salad Greens, Zucchini)
- Fall (Apples, Kiwifruit, Pears, Persimmons, Tomatoes, Winter Squash)
- Winter (Mandarins, Oranges, Broccoli, Cabbages, Sweet Potatoes)
- Spring (Avocados, Dried Fruit, Strawberries, Asparagus, Carrots, Peas, Spinach)
Prepayment System ~ Now back to MySchoolbucks.com
New to the 2012-13 School year!
PLEASE NOTE: During this transition please log onto MyNutrikids.com FIRST as you did last year and it will redirect you to MySchoolbucks.com. Following these steps will show you your correct student balance. If you log onto MySchoolbucks.com first, you will get an incorrect student balance. We hope this problem is corrected soon and we apologize for any confusion this may cause.
1. As before, prepayments will still be accepted at your child’s school site in the form of a check or cash.
2. When you log on to MySchoolbucks.com you will need your student's ID. If you need assistance with this please call the Child Nutrition Department.
Click here to download Frequently Asked Questions about MySchoolbucks.com
If you have any concerns or questions please give us a call.
Free / Reduced Lunch Applications 2012-13
The Child Nutrition Office is now accepting lunch applications for 2012 – 2013 school year. We have applications available at the Child Nutrition office located at Dutcher school campus. The Child Nutrition offices are located at the rear of the gated parking lot to the left of the Dutcher School parking lot. We are open from 7:00 – 3:30 pm, Mondays thru Fridays during the summer and 7:30 - 4:00 during the school year.
1. Please fill out the application for Free & Reduced Meals, one application per household only. Please list all household members.
2. The form should be filled out completely, so that no delay in processing occurs.
3. A new application must be completed each year. Click on the links below.
English Lunch Application
Spanish Lunch Application
School Cafeteria Menus
Our high school, junior high and middle school menu will remain the same throughout the school year. Our K-6 elementary menus are now on a 4-week cycle.
- K-6 Elementary Menus
A full year calendar of our menus will be sent to our K-6 households during the first weeks of the school year. We are posting the first two months of the school year for your convenience. Due to the new guidelines we are now utilizing a 4-week cycle menu with more choices per day for our students.
- Menus for K-6 ~ March, April & May
- Menu for THS, PHS, Turlock Junior High and Dutcher Middle Schools
We Need You!
The Child Nutrition Department is looking for volunteers to be a part of our District Wellness Committee. This committee shall advise the district on health-related issues, activities, policies, and programs. There are about 2-3 meetings per school year. If you are interested please either call Scott Soiseth, Director at (209) 667-9048 or send us an email at JPohl-Schollenberg@turlock.k12.ca.us with your contact information and whether your a parent, district employee or other and we will get back to you.
Healthy Changes in Our School Cafeterias!
Dear Turlock families,
This fall, Turlock school cafeterias are meeting new federal nutrition standards for school meals, ensuring that meals are healthy and well-balanced and provide students the nutrition they need to succeed at school. Now is a great time to encourage your kids to choose school lunch!
School meals offer students milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, proteins and whole grains, and meet strict limits on saturated fat and portion size.
Starting in School Year 2012-2013, school lunches will meet additional standards requiring:
• Age-appropriate calorie limits
• Larger servings of vegetables and fruits (students must take at least one serving of produce)
• A wider variety of vegetables, including dark green and red/orange vegetables and legumes
• Fat-free or 1% milk (flavored milk must be fat-free)
• More whole grains
• And less sodium
We’re always working to offer Turlock students healthier and tastier choices. We purchase from local farmers and distributors to support our Farm to School program. School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families too! This year we have changed back to My SchoolBucks.com for our online payment system and will be distributing to K-6 households a 2012-13 Menu Calendar during the first weeks of school.
We look forward to welcoming your children to the cafeteria this fall. To find out more about Turlock’s healthy school meals and pre-payment program log onto our website at http://cnd.turlock.k12.ca.us. To get the facts about school meals visit www.TrayTalk.org.
Scott Soiseth, Director of Child Nutrition